Bradisms

I'm a mountain but I'll get over it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Rafael, No. Cal., United States

Journaling conceptual design trends, mostly as "stream of consciousness" as encouragement. Environmental resolve will teach us peace. Paradox mediation provides the next healthy attitude.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

approaching sanity?

As a parent, I have learned to explain as little as possible if I don’t want to start the defensive reflexes. I have to present neutral screens for the kids to project their abilities to understand. When my kids were ten and twelve, a pediatrician taught me to interview their awareness and wait until they ask to know. I want the gift of freedom to develop with the impulse to get it.

This style of writing is confusing because it takes out the charge of opinion. Please notice how hard I actually try to bring out the paradox in word relation to implication options. This takes a poetic leaning so though you may project that I think too much, I believe (in proportion to everything else I am) thought is balanced with other sensibility.

3 Comments:

Blogger brad4d said...

TRY is the operative word here because explaining is obviously my OBSESSION - editing filters obsure most of what I say to most people. That's why I should try to limit myself to one-liners, thus bradisms.

7/31/06, 1:03 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Yes I see, and the poetic quality of it is the 'leap' over details, the exclusion factor, I do it too but in a different way, mine is frequently rejected as 'generalizing' and the thinking within ignored, ie, no look.

Yours provokes, but many are too lazy to peer into it, mine is considered stupid, yours is considered confused but potential.

Like poetry, most either don't want to expend energy to 'see' or they tend to choose to simply ignore. In my case they enjoy the judgement/elitest factor received by thinking me stupid, lol, sometimes, maybe often, I do be just plain stupid from laziness myself. lol, all in a days mouthfull.

I too, am obsessed with 'explaining' what I myself 'see'. Glad to meet you.

So much for Modern Deconstructionism.

8/3/06, 9:50 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

This is a point also with me, I call it sharpening the words, eliminating as much detail, or really compressing as much detail into a word or two, so as to penetrate and impregnate, lol. Sometimes it is effective and produces later results, sometimes it is not. But limits to words and time speaking to another, while increasing quality of the gift, that is the thing.

8/3/06, 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home