Bradisms

I'm a mountain but I'll get over it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Rafael, No. Cal., United States

Journaling conceptual design trends, mostly as "stream of consciousness" as encouragement. Environmental resolve will teach us peace. Paradox mediation provides the next healthy attitude.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Authoritarianism undermines democracy

I learned about transactional therapy from my (social worker) parents, Common reflex (confusion) sees similarity between talking like an adult and projecting parental attitudes. Whenever people use threats like blame or shame in their presentation, the attitude of dominance undermines the feeling of equality. To talk like an adult depends on a balance of respect, if only for self expression.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience."
Any urge to argue is a warning that my idiot mentality is creeping up on my image-nation.

The journalist model of educated observation is HOW facts are stated without implying blame or shame. The informed adult stands alone but the parental behavior relies on someone to dominate..

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill Robertson said...

That’s true. Some people know how to make you feel like a child in conversation (or cast themselves in the role of your parent). Seek parity and see where that leads.

3/24/10, 11:56 AM  
Blogger brad4d said...

that's what inspired this post..

3/25/10, 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

4/23/10, 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home