Bradisms

I'm a mountain but I'll get over it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Rafael, No. Cal., United States

Journaling conceptual design trends, mostly as "stream of consciousness" as encouragement. Environmental resolve will teach us peace. Paradox mediation provides the next healthy attitude.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

nano-nature

Haven't I posted before for the conceptual art of idea propagation?
Nano-tech was introduced to my imagination by Neil Stephenson, in his book Diamond Age, the title conjures how nano-machines will put together micro-formulas but to just put carbon atoms next to each other means sheets of diamond could be cheeper than glass!
Extruding people was visualized in The Fifth Element (movie) when that character was reconstructed from a small sample of her DNA.
Reservoirs of atoms (like the ocean) will be rearranged to provide redesigned support structures of social stability. Picture perfect petrol made with no toxic refinement necessary, and not another drop of oil removed from its' natural environment?
Could this be the best case scenario for what The Singularity represents?
If Artificial Intelligence keeps amplifying human awareness towards awesome design, defensive reflexes must relax into new forms of trust.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr.Alistair said...

i think that the defensive reflexes are relaxing in some. either that or i`m just getting older and my defensive reflexes are relaxing personally and i`m projecting that view on others.

i like my holo-deck though.

12/28/07, 9:26 AM  
Blogger Vincent said...

Oh, I really hope they won't use the technology you describe to synthesize petrol. I've really been looking forward to the oil running out.

12/31/07, 2:17 AM  
Blogger Vincent said...

If for nothing else, I'll keep my defensive reflexes in top form to fend off the horrors created by science, technology and the over-powerful.

12/31/07, 2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home