Bradisms

I'm a mountain but I'll get over it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Rafael, No. Cal., United States

Journaling conceptual design trends, mostly as "stream of consciousness" as encouragement. Environmental resolve will teach us peace. Paradox mediation provides the next healthy attitude.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

spirit offered here

. . stumbling on a new analogy for my "concepts" in terms of social work, I have concentrated so many lessons into my observations that I can't control the dosage. I might have good medicine (to share) but haven't learned to dilute it for normal consumption. Every medicine becomes toxic when not handled with respect.

An old analogy was that, "my concepts are like extended ladders but I can't find people high enough to lean them up-on." The projection theory means that I expect people to be as receptive to exciting ideas as I am.

Glenn's comment about poetic form as an invitation to feel your way into thinking different helped encourage approach changes. The time needed to craft words into poems makes them nutritious desserts when I still need to digest all this fiber.

If religion is the opiate of the masses, could that be in order to counteract the stimulant of unclothed spirit? Couldn't religion be appreciated as the style of Creator that best suits our needs? We dress God up in a projection diluted to our level of understanding but in order to make it truth we need others to agree with us, so religions help.

That's what brought me here - thanks for taking this blog-drug with me, I hope you make it as medicinal as you've been for my soul.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Yes, Bradford, you can be confusing, the step-ladder leaning thing is right, but I think it is your 'logic-style', you have a twist to it that is not ordinary, rare maybe, but that is not any value statement, I think you are more often than not, RIGHT.

I don't see religion like you cite here, that is, not G-d anyway. Religions tend to 'dress-down' there ideas of god. I think there is a G-d and a REAL one. Therefore people can be influenced by His means, not our (human) means of oppressive thought control or brainwashing. If I am right, then everything will work out because He is in control of the timing, we just can't have it our way.

So I do my thing, not really toward 'evangelizing' others, but I do it 'toward Him', and expect it to come back thru Him to others, not thru a preacher or a church per se.

I often sound otherwise tho, like I am oppressing or evangelizing, but that is a learned error of expression that I am trying to get under control, I don't want or mean to do that.

Yet it is my fullest intention to effect our world, from the top down.

7/6/06, 1:13 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

PS: Bradford, your post is very stimulating and good reading. Thanks for the comment on my blog.

I will come back and see you. Thanks.

7/6/06, 1:15 PM  
Blogger CE said...

Plagerized or plagarized? I don't know what it means. I looked it up and couldn't find the word. Unless you mean plagiarized. In which case, I don't worry too much about it, especially about committing plagiarism.
Of course, if you copy and paste and say it's originally yours, then you are a plagiarist.
I actually don't like the idea of owning ideas and accusing people of stealing ones ideas or thoughts. This is ridiculous. We human beings are very possessive and greedy. And we use or steal a lot too, especially our predecesors knowledge, beliefs, philosophies and expressions.
I wouldn't keep myself awake all night if I keep using the same idioms or expressions our ancestors deviced or invented for us.

7/7/06, 12:28 PM  
Blogger CE said...

If I alter a statement another person before me made to mean the same thing, is that plagiarism?
If somebody publishes or owns the copyright for a statement I too came up with, perhaps even before he thought of it, am I a plagiarist when I write the same thing later?
I hope free blogging will put an end to intellectual ownership and copyright and the concept of plagiarism.

7/7/06, 12:35 PM  
Blogger brad4d said...

Jim - the best observer (in me) doesn't worry about right/ wrong because "for better or worse" allows for adapting processes - exceptions were made before rules or G-d wouldn't be as Exceptional.

IMEMINE - thanks for your style of agreement - collective consciousness, here we come! - I used to publish pictures of my furniture-art as a common-law-copywright, so that a date was attached to my design development, that was before the internet, I'm even more relaxed now.

7/8/06, 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home