Bradisms

I'm a mountain but I'll get over it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Rafael, No. Cal., United States

Journaling conceptual design trends, mostly as "stream of consciousness" as encouragement. Environmental resolve will teach us peace. Paradox mediation provides the next healthy attitude.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ho Ho Ho!

so . . . when my 18 & 20 year olds were little, I noticed that if I just move the "n". . .
then Santa becomes Satan, who comes from "the fire place,"
all dressed in red, knowing if you've been bad, fulfilling your desires,
able to avoid being seen, etc.
Our "innocents" eventually find out we will deceive them for fun (& control of their behavior.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Roberta S said...

It may be deceptive, Brad4d, but I think it beneficial for parents and great fun for kids. If bad behavior can be modified with fanciful notions, it still beats a thumping or time out.

And for the kids, another caring 'presence' just makes life a bit easier and a little more fun.

As you can see, I have no problem with Santa. I quite like him.

1/5/11, 11:33 AM  
Blogger brad4d said...

So great to see you check-in, Roberta. Stories are important but the inability to be flexible is why we are socially operating with paradoxical costs that must be paid back with equal attention to respecting ignorance, not making fun of it.

1/29/11, 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home