Bradisms

I'm a mountain but I'll get over it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Rafael, No. Cal., United States

Journaling conceptual design trends, mostly as "stream of consciousness" as encouragement. Environmental resolve will teach us peace. Paradox mediation provides the next healthy attitude.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Observing . .

. . a friend, who is a lawyer, repeating himself so much, could be aggravating clients with how much time this takes, shows a need to be clear about important points.
I find it hard to trust the understanding of repeaters. One (truly intelligent) friend tells me I need to listen better but doesn't seem comfortable with my observations like how much he repeats himself. I interrupt when he does this, to illustrate that he needs to hear his own advice. This just perpetuates his reaction to say "listen better", which keeps seeming more like a projection. Does he really think I would be more interested if I was more like him? Is there a cause of this symptom other than too much formal education?

3 Comments:

Blogger Charles Bergeman said...

Some people need to see that the party they are speaking to acknowledges the point that they are articulating before they give up repeating that point.

There is a tendency by some to respond with points of their own before they acknowledge what the other has stated.

I don't know if this is the case with your lawyer friend.

In some cases, I have also found that people don't see their point sufficiently acknowledged, unless you agree with them.

This can be most exasperating. This is a failure on their part to acknowledge that there is always room for new points of view.

1/10/07, 9:18 AM  
Blogger Roberta S said...

You've got me thinking about who does this to me. Too much formal education? By God, I think that's it.

1/12/07, 10:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sac longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run, air max, louboutin, louis vuitton, nike outlet, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, longchamp outlet, replica watches, burberry, tory burch outlet, prada handbags, kate spade outlet, nike free, uggs on sale, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors, louboutin outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, nike free, nike air max, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp, ugg boots, nike air max, ralph lauren pas cher, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet

4/28/16, 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home