Bradisms

I'm a mountain but I'll get over it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Rafael, No. Cal., United States

Journaling conceptual design trends, mostly as "stream of consciousness" as encouragement. Environmental resolve will teach us peace. Paradox mediation provides the next healthy attitude.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

emotional enthusiasm

I talk with a kind of enthusiasm (and intensity) that puts people off. They want to tell me to listen better without considering the possible balance of equally intense abilities in that department. To project that we all need to listen better is an interesting value judgment that is ultimately self-imposed.

I have taken classes in active listening. Both my parents had Masters Degrees in Social Work implying that their attentive qualities were trained and exemplified. I take for granted that people want to increase their understanding.

Conflict resolution classes use a kind of role-playing exercise to extend understanding (sharing) abilities. I have been learning how we defend the limits of certain rules until we can enter the next stage of exceptional growth. Relationship renewal forces us to allow exceptions to previous rulings.

When I know I have reached the end of someone's understanding, I extend my efforts to share knowledge. To project definition relies on limits of intellectual access to emotional balance. Adult behavior has been defined as an equal exchange in conversation.

Children need parental guidance but the inequality of that relation can get uncomfortable. My enthusiasm is very child-like causing a reaction that makes observers feel like they need to teach me something. The adult ideal is to learn more comfortable exchanges. The way I express information as neutral as possible most people seem to think (project) I need (and like) instruction.

We can be told what to do much easier than being told how to feel. Emotional literacy about learning to reach intuitive decisions by bypassing the energy (and time) of reasoning. Ultimately all things should be acceptable under the umbrella of unconditional love (if the Creator is allowed to not make mistakes.) Negative (desperate) influences could release as humor.

9 Comments:

Blogger Charles Bergeman said...

We have 2 ears, 2 eyes and one mouth.

By design, we should listen, look (observe), twice as much as we speak.

Your enthusiasm is contagious, I have found that exposure to it can provided much needed motivation.

But some like a slower pace. More time for reflection. I have another friend that sometimes likes to discuss all aspects of an event as we are participating in it.

I prefer to observe and listen for significant periods of time during an event in order to feel more a part of it.

It has little to do with educating one another in these situations.

It has more to do with the way we individually take in our surroundings.

I don't need a play-by-play to feed my consciousness while I am immersed in something. Some people do, in order to process what they are taking in.

Understanding is not found on a one way street. If we observe traffic, only in one direction, we miss at least half of what is going on. Or worse, we end up in an accident.

5/3/07, 10:38 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Behind all the subject matter, you are very sensitive to processess, but can you turn water into wine?

5/5/07, 11:57 PM  
Blogger brad4d said...

I have been intoxicated on a breath, words have changed the chemical make-up of my blood, thank you for reminding me to drink more water.

5/6/07, 6:43 PM  
Blogger Roberta S said...

bradford, I love the way you express yourself. In real conversation I don't know how we'd manage. You'd give me a brief 'bradism' and then there would be a long silence. And when it became an uncomfortably long silence, you would start to say something, and as soon as you opened your mouth I would say, "Shh. Quiet. I'm pondering." More silence and again you might try to speak and again I would have to halt you and say, "shh, I'm still pondering." You wouldn't have to listen to me but you wouldn't get a chance to say much either, cause when you say something I need a long, long, time to ponder it -- but that's the joy of stimulating conversation.

5/6/07, 11:22 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Indeed you are stimulating, Brad my boy! And that blurb you added to my comment is sheer poetry and a masterpiece at that. Keep it on, my friend in Time.

5/7/07, 9:34 PM  
Blogger Sophia said...

I think it is wonderful that you are an enthusiastic person! I get along with this type of person more easily than the rest. I'm also very enthusiastic when I talk to people. When I was in college, a college newspaper journalist wrote an article about my smile. I'm not saying that to brag, just to point out that I enjoy smiling and being friendly and enthusiastic. Also, I've noticed that many spiritual people are child-like and I think this is a quality that too many people in the world are missing. To be child-like is to still be full of wonder at the magic of the world.

Blessings to you, Bradford!

5/8/07, 11:55 AM  
Blogger Charles Bergeman said...

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting Brad in person, just let me say that he brings a smile to your face and warmth to your heart.

We are all lucky to have our course altered by Bradisms.

As one who listens more than speaks, I seek an occasional dose of Brad to cure what ails me. It does wonders for what some might call my soul.

5/8/07, 7:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sac longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run, air max, louboutin, louis vuitton, nike outlet, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, longchamp outlet, replica watches, burberry, tory burch outlet, prada handbags, kate spade outlet, nike free, uggs on sale, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, michael kors, louboutin outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, nike free, nike air max, tiffany and co, christian louboutin outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp, ugg boots, nike air max, ralph lauren pas cher, louboutin pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet

4/28/16, 8:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nike free run uk, hollister pas cher, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, michael kors outlet, vans pas cher, coach outlet, ray ban uk, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch, true religion outlet, michael kors, coach outlet, true religion jeans, burberry, hogan, nike blazer, hermes, nike roshe, michael kors, michael kors outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, air force, ugg boots, nike air max, michael kors, kate spade handbags, nike air max, ray ban pas cher, true religion jeans, north face, ralph lauren uk, true religion jeans, north face, timberland, lacoste pas cher, michael kors, hollister, vanessa bruno, new balance pas cher, ugg boots, mulberry, nike air max, converse pas cher, lululemon, sac guess

4/28/16, 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home